HOW TO JOIN
MPCC Credit Union invites anybody who lives, studies or works within our common bond to become a member of MPCC Credit Union. Our common bond includes Mungret, Patrickswell, Clarina, Crecora, Dooradoyle, Raheen, Ballykeeffe & Gouldavoher.
MPCC Credit Union allows people in the community to come together to save and borrow money at low rates. It is operated on a not-for-profit basis, with surpluses being returned to members in the form of yearly dividends.
How to Become a Member
You will need to call in person into our Dooradoyle or Mungret offices with the following documentation:
- Proof of ID: Certified Valid photographic ID (Passport, Driving Licence, National Identity Card, Garda verified ID form (ML10) or Garda issued National Age Card up to 25 years old) – Original documents must be presented as photocopies will not suffice.
- Proof of address: Original recent household bill, house or motor insurance document, bank statement, letter from Revenue or other Govt Dept, local authority document dated within the past 3 months (Original documents must be presented as photocopies will not suffice).
- Proof of your PPS number: PPSN card, Drugs Payment scheme card, Payslip, P60 etc.
- €10 minimum lodgement at time of account opening, applicable to all accounts.
- €1 membership fee for new members over 16 years of age.
Please note from May 9 2017, new members’ accounts cannot hold in excess of €30,000.
To open a new Junior account (under 16 years), both the child and one Parent/Guardian will need to call in person to either of our offices in Dooradoyle or Mungret along with the following original documentation.
- Child’s birth cert or Passport.
- Parent/Guardian Proof of ID (current & valid Passport or Driving Licence)
- Parent/Guardian Proof of address (recent household bill or bank statement or letter from Revenue or other Govt. Dept. dated within the past 3 months)
- Child’s PPS No.
- €10 minimum lodgement is required at time of account opening.
What you need to open an account as a Group / Club / Society
1. Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate to Trade or Certificate of Acknowledgment of Registry, if applicable.
2. Copy of Written Rules or Memorandum and Articles of Association, if applicable.
3. Properly authorised mandate seeking application for membership, conferring authority on those duly delegated to operate and sign on the account (at least two signatories are required).
4. Names, addresses, occupations and dates of birth of Trustees/Directors.
5. Current photo ID, proof of address (current utility bill or bank statement) and proof of PPS numbers for the authorised signatories.
6. Where your organisation does not have a constitution or rules, please provide a letter signed by a principal of the organisation, detailing principals of the organisation, purpose and intended operation of the organisation.
7. If you are a charity, registered with the revenue commissioners, please provide a charity (CHY or equivalent) number (proof needed).
In compliance with legislation to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, the credit union is legally required to identify its members. Before opening the account, we will need proof of the identities and the current permanent residential address of each of the following:
– At least two people who are Committee Members/Elected Officers of the Organisation
– At least two people who are Authorised signatories on the account
Benefits of Joining our Credit Union
- No Costs – Free Services – Convenience – Community Benefits
- Longer opening hours including evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Personal, professional and quality service.
- Offices at three different locations in Dooradoyle, Mungret & Clarina.
- No hidden charges or fees.
- Flexible savings and loans.
- MPCC Credit Union is actively lending for a wide range of purposes at fair & affordable interest rates with quick turnarounds.
- FREE life insurance on loans and savings.
- FREE death benefit payment.
- Wide range of services including foreign exchange, bill Paypoint, discounted insurances.
- Make payments directly to your credit union account by standing order, online payments or debit/laser card.
- Option to nominate a person to receive your funds on your death.Click here to download our nomination form