SAVINGS AT MPCC CREDIT UNION
Saving money with your credit union is a good idea. You are not “just another customer” but an active member of a highly successful financial co-operative, which provides security and protection for your savings.
Once you start saving regularly your funds build up quickly. *Each share saved is eligible for a dividend at the end of the year (dependant on year end surplus). The more savings you have the more dividend you receive. By saving regularly you not only help yourself, you also help your community as your savings provide a loan fund for other credit union members.
- Members’ savings are used to provide a loan fund for all members.
- Regular saving maintains your credit worthiness and capacity to borrow.
- Eligible for dividend on your savings at the end of the year (dependent on level of surplus income).
- Easy access to your savings if you wish to make a withdrawal (once it’s not secured against a loan).
- Savings of eligible members are insured through FREE Life Savings Insurance.
- FREE death grant for eligible members.
- Savings are protected under the Savings Protection Scheme of the Irish League of Credit Unions and Government’s Deposit Guarantee Scheme.
Please note from May 9 2017, new members’ accounts cannot hold in excess of €30,000 and existing accounts can only hold a maximum of €50,000.
How can I save?
Saving is a habit and it’s not important how much you save, instead it is the regular habit that we want to encourage. This is why we offer a number of options to our members.
- Over the counter cash, cheque or debit card lodgements – Any one can make a lodgement on your behalf.
- Standing Order – This involves the member choosing how much money they want to save every week/fortnight/month. The amount and the frequency are decided by the member. Members choose to save by standing order as it does not require regular trips to our offices, especially if you can’t make it in to us during our regular opening hours. With a Standing Order, the member can also control the amount or frequency at any time to suit their circumstances. Your credit union account number should be the payment reference.
- Make one off payments through online banking.
- Over the phone or at the counter with your Debit card.
Our bank details are as follows:
Sort Code: 904309
Payment Ref. Your MPCC Credit Union account no.
NB. Your credit union account number is the reference that must be used (nothing else is needed). Failure to do so may result in payments to your account being delayed.