MPCC Credit Union was founded in 1984.
M.P.C.C. Credit Union was founded in the community, for the community, in 1984. MPCC stands for Mungret, Patrickswell, Clarina & Crecora. Since then, the organisation has grown and evolved to meet the requirements of its members.
At the outset, the credit union operated out of classrooms in the four National Schools in Mungret, Patrickswell, Crecora and Clarina.
- In October 1989, the office in Mungret was officially opened.
- In 1990, the common bond was extended to include the Raheen & Dooradoyle area and a year later an office was opened in St. Paul’s National School.
- In 2000 the Old Barracks in Patrickswell was purchased and served as the credit union’s office in Patrickswell.
- In September 2005, the new office in Dooradoyle was opened.
- In 2009, MPCC Credit Union celebrated its 25th Anniversary.
- In February 2012, the newly renovated office in Mungret re-opened after a 5 month period of modernisation.
With a current membership of almost 10,000, MPCC Credit Union has continued to grow. A progressive organisation, MPCC Credit Union provides itself on its innovative and member-focused approach. In response to our members’ needs, we now continuously strive to improve our members experience when dealing with the credit union.
If you would like to join MPCC Credit Union please check out our Membership section and call into the nearest office with the correct documentation.
Our branches are located:
- On. St. Nessan’s Road in Dooradoyle (next door to O’Malley’s Pharmacy and the Unicorn).
- In Mungret Village (directly opposite the Church).
- In Clarina (adjacent to Ballybrown N.S.)