HOW TO JOIN
Please note that from Wednesday, June 9, we will recommence opening accounts for new members, strictly on an appointment basis in our Dooradoyle office only.
To make an appointment, please call us on 061 424555 (option 1 for Dooradoyle). It is very important that you bring all the correct documentation required to open an account at the time of your appointment. Please see below for further info.
MPCC Credit Union invites anybody who lives, studies or works within our common bond to become a member of MPCC Credit Union. Our common bond includes Mungret, Patrickswell, Clarina, Crecora, Dooradoyle, Raheen, Ballycummin, Ballykeeffe & Gouldavoher.
MPCC Credit Union allows people in the community to come together to save and borrow money at low rates. It is operated on a not-for-profit basis, with surpluses being returned to members in the form of yearly dividends.
How to Become a Member
You will need to call in person into our Dooradoyle or Mungret offices with the following original documentation:
In order to comply with legislation to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, we’ll need to verify both your identity and your current permanent address when you are opening a Credit Union Account.
- Proof of ID:
Certified Valid current photographic Photo ID (Passport, Driving Licence, EU National Identity Card, Garda verified ID form (ML10) or Garda issued National Age Card up to 25 years old) – Original documents must be presented as photocopies / printouts will not suffice.
- Proof of address (Documents must be issued to you at your home address within the past 3 months):
For example: Original recent household utility bill (where a utility bill is a first bill, a second form of address verification is required); house or motor insurance document; bank, building society or credit card statement; correspondence from Revenue Commissioners or other Govt Dept (with the exception of the Dept. of Social Protection) or local authority document. All must be dated within the past 3 months Original documents must be presented as photocopies / printouts will not suffice.In order to comply with our obligations under legislation, we may, at our discretion at any time seek further information and documentation from you to verify your identity.This list is not exhaustive. Please contact any of our offices if clarification required.
- Proof of your PPS number:
Drugs Payment scheme card, E1 11 Card, Payslip, P60 etc. *(We’re unable to accept the Public Service Card as proof of PPSN or ID)
- €10 minimum lodgement at time of account opening, applicable to all accounts. A minimum balance of €6.35 must be maintained at all times to retain membership.
- €1 membership fee for new members over 16 years of age.
Please note that €20,000 is the maximum amount that can be held in a member’s account.
To open a new Minor account (child under 16 years), both the child and one Parent/Guardian will need to call in person to either of our offices in Dooradoyle or Mungret along with the following original documentation (we cannot accept documents that are photocopies or printouts).
- Child’s birth cert
- Passport (if obtained)
- Parent/Guardian Proof of ID (see list above)
- Parent/Guardian Proof of address (see list above)
- Proof of Child’s PPSN. (We’re unable to accept Public Service Card as proof of PPSN)
- €10 minimum lodgement is required at time of account opening.
Please note that €5,000 is the maximum amount that can be held in a Minor account.
What you need to open an account as a Group / Club / Society
1. Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate to Trade or Certificate of Acknowledgment of Registry, if applicable.
2. Copy of Written Rules or Memorandum and Articles of Association, if applicable.
3. Properly authorised mandate seeking application for membership, conferring authority on those duly delegated to operate and sign on the account (at least two signatories are required).
4. Names, addresses, occupations and dates of birth of Trustees/Directors.
5. Current photo ID & proof of address (see lists above).
6. Where your organisation does not have a constitution or rules, please provide a letter signed by a principal of the organisation, detailing principals of the organisation, purpose and intended operation of the organisation.
7. If you are a charity, registered with the revenue commissioners, please provide a charity (CHY or equivalent) number (proof needed).
In compliance with legislation to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, the credit union is legally required to identify its members. Before opening the account, we will need proof of the identities and the current permanent residential address of each of the following:
– At least two people who are Committee Members/Elected Officers of the Organisation
– At least two people who are Authorised signatories on the account
Benefits of Joining our Credit Union
- No Costs – Free Services – Convenience – Community Benefits
- Longer opening hours including Thursday evening & Saturday morning.
- Personal, professional and quality service.
- Offices at two different locations in Dooradoyle & Mungret.
- No hidden charges or fees.
- Flexible savings and loans.
- MPCC Credit Union is actively lending for a wide range of purposes at fair & affordable interest rates with quick turnarounds.
- FREE life insurance on loans and savings (subject to terms & conditions).
- FREE death benefit payment (subject to terms & conditions).
- Wide range of services including foreign exchange, Payzone Bill Payment, discounted insurances.
- Make payments directly to your credit union account by standing order, online payments or debit card.
- Option to nominate a person to receive your funds on your death.Click here to download our nomination form